This global situation that we are in due to the pandemic it feels to me like a limbo. So many people around the world have lost their jobs, or have been furloughed, businesses have struggled to cope and adapt, and in the midst of it all, we have the human spirit learning to survive and adapt to an unprecedented situation.
Therefore, I have been even more particularly attuned to all the lovely things that have been accessible to me, relishing them and striving to incorporate them into my day to day routine: a cup of good coffee from my local coffee shop, a long walk in nature, buying flowers for myself when I go grocery shopping, eating lots of fruits and vegetables to support my immune system, curating my social media consumption with a focus on positive, just to name a few.
Another thing that I have been doing is to pay even more attention to inspiring quotes, words and ideas that I stumbled upon, writing them down in my notebook to solidify them.
I would like to share them with you in the hopes that they will inspire you too. Here they are:
“I wanna be courageous. More than I wanna be fearless. ‘Cause I don’t know if it’s possible to be fearless, but you can be courageous. You can look the fear in the face and do things anyway.”
– Leslie Odom, Jr. at the beginning of his concert held at Lincoln Center in NYC and broadcasted by PBS. I also really enjoyed the concert! You can catch up with him and his music here.
“(…) And I think maybe the American (human) spirit is about throwing yourself into things, but living a full life and being, sort of, tenacious and enthusiastic and determined.”
– Jonah Hauer-King on his dual citizenship and acting career during an interview for PBS Masterpiece.
“The true “measure” of a man’s life can be obtained only through the absence of measure: giving “without measure”, daring “without measure”, loving “without measure”.
– Octavian Paler, Romanian writer, journalist and philosopher. His books have been some of my favorite to read growing up, especially in high school. Here is another poem (translated in English) that you might like.
“Expect your every need to be met, expect the answer to every problem, expect abundance on every level, expect to grow spiritually.”
– Eileen Caddy, spiritual teacher and New Age author. Quote found inside “The Artis’t Way. A Spiritual Path to Higher Creativity” by Julia Cameron.
“What is that over there?” (asks the boy) “It’s the wild”, said the mole. “Don’t fear it.”
– Excerpt from one of my most favorite books ever written, for children and adults alike, “The Boy, the Mole, the Fox and the Horse” by Charlie Mackesy. You can listen to the book, beautifully read by Lily James, here. And here‘s a glimpse into the author’s creative process in developing and drawing the characters.
Tell me in the comments section if any of these quotes resonated with you. I’d love to know why. Also, share your favorites, or whatever words, or phrases, have stuck with you in the past few weeks. Words are catalysts that fuel our beliefs and can spring interior worlds into action! and we can all use more hope, more inspiration and more positivity in our lives.
And thank you so much for taking the time to read this! If you’ve enjoyed this post, please share it with others, and subscribe for lots more good stuff, straight to your inbox, no spam whatsoever! pinky promise ;)
*p.s: photo found on pexels.com
Thank you my dear! Love Octavian Paler
You are very welcome, Emi :)
Jonah Hauer-King quote meaning whatever you do in life, you should be determined and persistent but never forget to enjoy why you do it along the way. :)
Yes, I took it that way as well :) I’m glad you enjoyed it! and thank you for stopping by and commenting!